Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM
- Lens construction is 14 elements in 11 groups
- Focal length is 14mm, maximum aperture is 1:2.8 and has gel filter holder at rear of lens
- Closest focusing distance is 7.9 inches
- Diagonal angle of view is 114° (on full-frame cameras)
- Dust and moisture proof built in lens hood
- Compatible with all EOS Digital SLR cameras
- Redesigned optics including 2 high-precision Aspherical elements and 2 new UD-glass elements
- Uses a rear focusing system, high-speed CPU and powerful ring-type USM with revised electronics
- Built-in lens hood; dust- and moisture-proof
- 114º diagonal view
- Lens not Zoomable
Designed primarily for discerning landscape and architectural photographers, the Canon EF14mm f2.8L II USM lens is ideally suited to the EOS-1Ds Mark III's full-frame capability. Measuring 3.7 inches in length and weighing in at under 23 ounces, this ultra-wide angle L-series prime lens is well corrected for rectilinear distortion, provides a 114-degree diagonal angle of view, and delivers high-speed autofocus with higher image quality overall including superior peripheral image quality, compared to its predecessor, the stalwart EF 14mm f2.8L USM lens.
While its large diameter, high-precision aspherical and UD elements, optimized lens element positioning, and flare and ghost-reducing lens coating ensure that this lens delivers the top optical performance in its professional class, Canon has added other features photographers have been asking for--improved dust and water resistance incorporated around the mount, switch panel and focusing ring, and a round aperture that creates a nice background blur and makes it easier to recognize an out-of-focus scene in less than brightly lit conditions.